WELCOME TO ALDC
Welcome to the website of the African Leadership Development Centre, Covenant University. The thrust of the Vision and Mission of African Leadership Development Centre is the nurturing of Transformational Leaders for our Nation, Continent and World, through Leadership Development and see this translated to advancements in capacity building, leadership and governance across diverse platforms. The briefs flagged below situate the African Leadership Development Centre with respect to the Centre’s background, Vision, Mission, objectives and programme emphasis.
The African Leadership Development Centre (ALDC), Covenant University, one of Africa's leading Universities, is an initiative and brainchild of the Chancellor, Dr. David Oyedepo. The Centre’s quest is raising a New Generation Leaders via Leadership development and the nurturing of transformational leaders for the nation states of Africa and the World at large. The Centre is endowed by the David Oyedepo Foundation, headed by Dr. David Oyedepo, the President of Living Faith Church Worldwide and Chancellor, Covenant University. ALDC provides integrated and holistic leadership development programmes for leaders, professionals, youths cutting across diverse fields and context; equipping and training them with leadership, entrepreneurial, social, political, and economic skills for demonstrable impact in leadership and governance. ALDC runs cutting edge and innovative leadership training and skills development programmes via special conferences, workshops and seminars. Ranging from intensive one to two (1-2days) training and interactive sessions to several weekends culminating in the Certificate and Diploma in Leadership Development Studies. One of the high points of the Leadership Development Programmes of ALDC is participants and attendees sitting under some special sessions that will be facilitated by Dr. David Oyedepo, Chancellor, Covenant and Landmark Universities, and glean from the wells of his leadership and wisdom banks.
Programmes Emphasis include:
- Special Leader Training Sessions for CEOs, Academic and Administrative Leaders, Pastors and Youths
- The Leadership Edge: Qualitative Leadership for Sustainable Results
- Executing the Leadership Brief
- Conflict Management and Conflict Resolution
- Leadership Development Competencies for Enhancing Quality Delivery
- Innovating Leadership for Sustainable Results.
... and a lot more!
ALDC leverages on a number of different training methodologies that will enable participants and attendees benefit from robust and empowering experiences of leadership development. Attendees will have leadership development sessions facilitated in an ambience that is empowering, positively challenging and inspiring, thereby promoting a situated learning and practice based experience.
VISION OF ALDC
To be the leading Centre of Excellence in Leadership development committed to nurturing transformational leaders for Nigeria, Africa and the World at large.
MISSION OF ALDC
Providing integrated and holistic leadership development programmes for leaders, professionals, youths cutting across diverse fields and context and equipping and training them with leadership, entrepreneurial, social, political, and economic skills for demonstrable impact in leadership and governance.
OBJECTIVES OF ALDC
• To offer innovative programmes that will equip our programme participants to inspire positive change and responsive leadership in their different work contexts.
• To employ capacity building, training, workshops and empowerment sessions that will equip our programme participants with the knowledge to initiate and galvanize a development agenda.
• To advance knowledge and understanding of Africa’s historical heritage and aim towards its restoration thereof by way of training and education.
• To inspire transformational ideals for a radical mind-set as it pertains to leadership change.
• To drive community and sectorial empowerment in realizing a Rescue Remedy Agenda for driving solutions to Africa’s challenges by raising agents of change who will be able to proffer indigenous solutions to Africa’s plethora of challenges.